Published on August 06, 2018
Bostik, Inc., a world leader in adhesives and installation systems for building construction, recently hosted an interactive “All Star” training event for National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) Five Star Contractors at its Temecula Training Center in California. Bostik’s John Jarnagin, Senior Technical Service Representative joined forces with Mark Heinlein, NTCA’s Training Director, for a full day of training (both in-classroom and hands-on) with 19 NTCA Five-Star Contractors in attendance.
This regional training session, which focused upon Substrate Preparation and Large Format Tile, was sold out. Attendees learned updated methods regarding how to use the ANSI A108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large format tile.
This program also highlighted:
- Industry standards and methods relevant to the subject area
- Jobsite planning and staging
- Material handling, cutting, drilling
- Substrate analysis and preparation
- Selection and installation materials such as mortars, membranes, grouts, sealants, and related setting materials
- Selection and use of tools including specialty tools
- Adherence to manufacturer instructions
- Understanding bond coat coverage and support
- Installation to ensure proper bond coat coverage and support
- Lippage control methods
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Job site safety and health practices
“The NTCA launched a new regional training program for our members this year.” stated Bart Bettiga, Executive Director of the National Tile Contractors Association. “Thanks to professional support of industry partners like Bostik, the results have been extremely positive. Attendance has been strong, and participants have been very supportive of the content quality and its direct impact on improving installation knowledge and performance.”
Scott Banda, Bostik’s Director of Marketing and Business Development stated,
The NTCA’s Training Department has been working diligently to provide in-depth, day-long training sessions coast-to-coast. Bostik is pleased to be supporting these efforts and we continue to pledge our support for education, training and certification in conjunction with NTCA.”
The event concluded with a presentation by Jarnagin on Bostik’s key product lines, and a tour of Bostik’s state-of-the-art training facility.