Slam-dunk Bosti-Set™ Installation
University of Houston Fertitta Center Arena – Houston, Texas
Rusty Dennison, Vice President of Operations, Allstate Commercial Flooring
"Typically, we’d use a thin-set for wall applications, such as the one slated for the concession areas in the new Fertitta Center. We were impressed by many of the characteristics of Bosti-Set™, and by the highly professional way in which the product was presented to us. As businesspeople, we were obviously excited learning that with Bosti-Set™, it took fewer workers less time for installations to be completed.”
A total team effort for gauged thin porcelain tile panel installation
Architectural plans for the University of Houston Fertitta Center Arena called for the specification of Crossville’s Laminam® large format gauged porcelain panels for the walls of five concession stands strategically positioned throughout the interior concourse of the arena. “I met with the installer, Allstate Commercial, along with our Houston distributor, BPI. Together, we helped train the installation team,” stated Santiago Hernandez, Bostik’s Texas Territory Sales Manager. “But first, I had to convince both groups about the winning characteristics of Bosti-Set™, our state-of-the-art adhesive, formulated specifically for the installation of today’s gauged porcelain tile panels.
Hernandez not only convinced both firms, but together with Ruben Rivera of BPI, subsequently staged educational sessions to ensure that installers from the Allstate Commercial team knew the many attributes of Bosti-Set™.
- Walls of five concession stands specified for large format gauged porcelain panels
- Install Crossville’s Laminam® large format gauged porcelain panels
- Enormous amount of indoor traffic expected
Bostik Bosti-Set™ for large format gauged porcelain panel wall installation:
- No mixing required
- Grabs porcelain tile panels in a single layer, cutting the square footage to trowel by half
- Lighter in weight with much greater coverage than typical mortars
- Panels are repositionable for 30 minutes
- Installed in roughly half the time with a smaller crew