Smart adhesives for Functional Paper & Graphic Arts
With Bostik’s functional paper and graphic arts adhesives, based on a range of technologies, it can be easy to help the entire package address these needs. For example, our tailor-made adhesives for this application offer:
- Bio-based, easily recyclable and compostable options to reduce carbon footprint
- Compliance with both the European and American Food Safety Authority regulations for increased overall health and safety
- High oxygen, oil, grease and aroma barriers to enable the paper to reach or even go beyond the functional barrier properties of plastic and glass
- Flexibility across print processes and equipment, including hot melt and flexography, to improve process efficiency
Frequently Asked Questions about Functional Paper & Graphic Arts Adhesives
Why should you be careful when choosing an adhesive for medical applications?
Adhesives for medical applications have the particularity of being subject to strict regulations. They must also meet demanding specifications such as good strength, good thermal performance and chemical resistance. In addition, adhesives must sometimes be biocompatible and withstand aggressive sterilization methods. You can contact a Bostik expert who will help you find the best adhesive for your application and remain at the forefront of innovations to improve the assembly of medical devices.
What are the most popular adhesive technologies for high volume medical devices assembly?
Popular choices for high-volume medical applications include cyanoacrylates, UV-curing, and one-component thermosetting epoxy. For reusable medical devices, on the other hand, it is important to keep in mind that the method of sterilizing a medical device may have implications that extend back to the productivity of assembly operations.
What is Bostik offer in terms of membrane and multi-layer barrier films?
Bostik offers a full portfolio of membrane and multi-layer barrier films for level 1-3 medical gowns in disposable or reusable forms.
· For disposable medical membrane and multi-layer barrier film, we have barrier film adhered with HMPSA (to be adhered via adhesive coating or spraying) which improve barrier resistance to contaminant. We also have dual layer film comprised of polyethylene barrier film and EVA adhesive layer to increase line speed and facilitates processing.
· For reusable medical membrane and muli-layer barrier film, we have monolayer TPU membrane adhered with reactive HMPUR, which enhanced comfort due to breathability.
Our full portfolio of membranes, multilayer films and adhesives makes it easy for Bostik to be your one-stop-shop for your PPE needs. We also offer adhesive technologies for other forms of PPE, including medical facemasks.