Hardwood flooring adhesives: Smart benefits
Bostik hardwood flooring adhesives are suitable for all installations where wood flooring can be bonded. Whether you’re working with solid or engineered wood, our adhesives offer a range of benefits to reduce risk and improve performance.
- Strength: Engineered for superior adhesion, even on very wide wood planks.
- Flexibility: Adhesive systems provide tough, flexible bonds with a variety of subfloor substrates including; concrete, plywood, and fiber cement sheets.
- Elastomeric: Elastomeric properties allow adhesives to move with the wood as it expands and contracts naturally over the life of the floor.
- Sound dampening properties: Several of our highest performing adhesives create a noise reduction barrier over the substrate, providing excellent sound reduction performance that typically outperforms ¼" cork underlayment. Eliminating cork saves time and money during the installation process.
- Thickness Control™ Spacer Technology: Patent-pending, recycled crumb rubber spacers help maintain proper adhesive membrane thickness during the installation process while also providing accoustical control benefits necessary to meet today's building codes.
- Moisture resistance: Moisture vapor protection prevents the cupping or buckling of hardwood planks, and products that contain our AXIOS™ Tri-Linking™ polymer technology offer a lifetime warranty for unlimited moisture vapor protection.
- Antimicrobial: Most products have antimicrobial properties to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the cured adhesive.
Hardwood flooring adhesive: Technologies
- AXIOS™ Tri-Linking™ polymer technology: Bostik's revolutionary hardwood adhesive technology offers unlimited moisture vapor protection, high bond strength, zero VOC's and ease of cleaning before and after cure.
- Polyurethane technology: Bostik polyurethane adhesives, like Bostik Ultraset SF and PU140 are staples of the industry, offering the quality, strength, and durability you’ve come to expect from the market leader.
- Waterbased adhesive: Bostik places a strong emphasis on formulating adhesives with benefits such as low water content, low VOCs, emissions and odor without compromising bond strength or long term durability.