Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
Designed for end-use applications across tape, label, graphic and specialty film industrial markets, Bostik’s pressure sensitive adhesive portfolio of hot melt, waterborne, specialty solution acrylic and UV technologies is the most expansive in the adhesive industry.
How Our Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Help You
Ideal for tape, label and specialty film applications, our hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives possess:
- Low VOC formulations to improve worker safety
- Compatibility with bio-based raw materials to increase sustainability
- Exceptional tack capabilities and ability adjust tack levels for different application needs to enhance performance
- Fast setup times to streamline automated assembly processes
- Ability to adhere to difficult substrates even in cold and humid conditions to extend durability
Specifically, our hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives include the following product family:
Contact an Expert
How Our Waterborne Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Help You
Commonly used for packaging, tape, label and graphic applications where both permanent and removable bonds are required, our waterborne pressure sensitive adhesives offer:
- Low temperature application to ensure good performance regardless of environmental conditions
- Broad chemical flexibility to meet wide variety of application needs (such as high and low adhesion, general purpose, all-temperature, removable and wash-off)
- Good mechanical stability and cohesive strength to improve bond performance
- Excellent clarity and clean removability to enhance aesthetics
- High speed coating to increase plant efficiencies
Specifically, our waterborne pressure sensitive adhesives include the following product families:
How Our Specialty Solution Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Help You
Used in high-performance applications, such as specialty tapes, durable labels, graphics, medical and films, our specialty solution acrylic adhesives provide:
- Superior durability, strength and multi-substrate adhesion in challenging conditions to improve end-use performance
- Weather, chemical, moisture and UV resistance to extend longevity
- Ability to bond across substrate types to increase design options
- Premium shear and peel adhesion to wide substrate variety to
Specifically, our specialty solution acrylic adhesives include the following product family:
How Our UV Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Help You
Ideal for high-performance applications, such as specialty tapes, durable labels, graphics, medical and films, our UV pressure sensitive adhesives provide:
- Fast cure speeds even with thick coat weights to optimize plant efficiencies
- 100% solids to eliminate handling of solvents
- Low energy consumption to reduce carbon footprint
- High temp performance to increase end-use application longevity
Specifically, our UV pressure sensitive adhesives include the following product family:
Why Choose Bostik for Your PSA Needs
An Arkema company, Bostik offers the broadest range of PSA technologies available on the market from a given supplier. Vertically integrated for supply security, we deliver the products you need when and where you want them. These products are designed for a range of ready-to-coat applications, though we also have the ability to custom formulate solutions to meet specific requirements. Additionally, our technical expertise and in-house capabilities enable us to help with testing and trialing processes to reduce your downtime and get you the right solution quickly. Further, because sustainability is at the forefront of all that we do, we also help reduce overall environmental impact and make it easier for you to meet sustainability initiatives, too.
Ready to get started with a hot melt, waterborne, specialty solution acrylic or UV pressure sensitive adhesive?
Contact an expert
Compatible with many complex automotive substrates, our spray and roll-coated Hot Melts reduce wastage and drying time. The rapid and precise application of Bostik Hot Melts makes them a staple within high-speed manufacturing processes. Bostik PSA is used mainly in automotive tapes and labels such as:
Bostik offers a complete range of high-performance and innovative, flexible packaging solutions to meet your storage, transportation, marketing, and production needs and encourages the development of sustainable packaging. Our PSA systems are used for sustainable re-sealable food packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA)
Why can PSAs stain paper labels?
PSAs are formulated with plasticizers, which enable a workable viscosity for coating and help maximize wet out for bonding. Plasticizers are oils so over time, they can bleed into paper and cause a stained appearance. Bostik has patented PSA technology that can provide stain resistance on paper face stocks.
How to prevent degradation of HMPSA?
Hot Melt adhesives will degrade with extended time at elevated temperatures when the line is not running. Degradation can negatively affect the appearance, processability, and performance of an HMPSA. To prevent producing PSA labels or tapes out of specification, it's important to control the temperature of the melt tank, hose, and coating head during equipment-related downtime.