From wood flooring to luxury vinyl tile, every beautiful floor installation is easier, faster, and more durable with proper subfloor preparation. In addition to offering adhesives for all kinds of flooring materials, we specialise in advanced subfloor preparation solutions.
Our subfloor range provides a full system including; primers, floor levelling, screeds and cementitious patches. Effective subfloor preparation ensures the highest quality floor finishes. Even the best design and flooring materials will have a poor result if the subfloor is not properly prepared. These easy-to-use solutions combine to accelerate floor preparation, helping you achieve faster, smarter, more secure installations.
Product lines featured in our subfloor preparation range include:
- Floor primers
- Moisture vapour barrier coatings
- Self-levelling underlay
Since surface preparation adds another step to the installation process, there is a tendency to reduce or even eliminate it all together, making priming an often overlooked aspect of flooring. Using the right concrete primer for the job is just as important as selecting the right self-levelling underlay, repair patch, membrane or adhesive.
Applying the right floor primer can greatly improve adhesion of self-levelling underlay to subfloors resulting in a more secure and durable installation. Primers are materials used as a preparatory coating to enhance adhesion of overlaying compounds. They regulate absorption rate of porous substrates and improve adhesion to non-porous materials.
Various impervious substrates are becoming a norm. Uses of appropriate primers are necessary to ensure good bonding to these substrates. Failure to do so can lead to de-bonding of coverings.
MOISTURE VAPOUR BARRIER COATINGS
Bostik's moisture vapour barrier coatings and membranes provide essential moisture mitigation and suppression for subfloors, helping to protect your installation for years to come.
We understand that flooring installers need to suppress moisture as quickly as possible before applying primer, self-levelling underlay, repair patches and floor coverings. This is especially true with commercial project work in retail outlets, hospitals and schools, where installation deadlines are critical. That's why our moisture vapour barrier coating systems have fast cure rates that accelerate the construction process, allowing the application of a full flooring preparation system faster than ever before.
Bostik's moisture vapour barrier coating solutions offer many benefits, saving you time and providing flexibility across a wide range of installation projects. Our mosture vapour barrier coatings allow for the surface of the substrate to be adequately primed prior to the application of a waterproofing membrane. This will prevent water seepage and permeation in building and construction substrates, as well as prevent the formation of mould and bad odours.
- Faster cure rate: enabling floor covering to be installed earlier in construction projects
- Moisture mitigation: extremely good resistance to residual moisture vapour, up to 100% relative humidity (RH)
- Versatility: suitable for all kinds of project work, from hospitals and schools to commercial and residential buildings
- Professional grade: special additives provide excellent adhesion properties and one-coat systems
Choosing an appropriate levelling solution is an essential part of subfloor preparation. Bostik provides the ideal base for your flooring installation.
To achieve a smooth base for your floor covering, you need a flexible, fast-curing solution that works with a range of substrates. To obtain a smooth and solid finished resilient floor, a high quality self-levelling underlay is an absolute necessity. Our innovative self-levelling underlay solutions are designed to save flooring contractors valuable time and money. With low dust, low door and walk-on times as short as two hours, Bostik products are the smart choice for your subfloor preparation needs.
Our free-flowing, self-smoothing underlay solutions offer plenty of benefits to help you tackle the toughest challenges:
- Easy to use: Excellent flow characteristics make Bostik's self-levelling underlay solutions easy to use; most are pumpable.
- Fast-curing: Our products showcase rapid-setting technologies that accelerate floor preparation and installation.
- Flexibility: Bostik's subfloor products are ideal for a wide range of substrate applications, from concrete and sand/cement screeds to stone, rigid metal and wood.
- Polymer-modified: Bostik's cementitious products have good quality polymer content for excellent adhesion, strength, durability and flexibility.
For more information, call us today on 0508 222 777 or email our team here.