As well as providing bonding solutions for the automotive market, Bostik laminate adhesives are widely used for interior fittings in aerospace.
Laminate adhesives are typically found in aircraft seating. Our laminate solutions can be applied to a vinyl or leather base, before being topped with a plus pad. Decorative trims, cushions and ceiling upholstery are also bonded with these versatile adhesives.
In addition to having the capacity to bond to leather, vinyl and urethane foams, Bostik’s laminate adhesives come with a variety of activation temperatures, alterable weights in grams per square yard, and several hot-melt polyester varieties for ease-of-application. Plus, many of these products are fire-retardant to aid occupant safety.
Key technology: web adhesive
Although film adhesives are available, our main technology in laminates is web adhesive.
Web adhesives are hot melt adhesives converted into a thin, web-like film. These products simplify bonding processes and provide a safer, smarter alternative for adhesion.
Aircraft manufacturers using Bostik web adhesives benefit from:
- Superior usage control – optimized weight to performance ratio
- Less waste – web adhesives prevent over-spray as well as waste from film applications
- Cost-efficiencies - reduced energy and operating costs, plus better utilization of plant space
- Increased product shelf life
- Low environmental impact – Bostik web adhesives are VOC free
- Fire-retardant - non-fire-retardant webs are also available for less stringent applications
The flexible, fabric-like qualities of web adhesives also mean they can be easily applied in both intermittent and continuous manufacturing processes.