Flooring Surface Preparation Products
Smart Options, One Complete System
Prepare for faster, smarter flooring installations
Our subfloor range provides a full system including: underlayments, primers, moisture vapor barrier coatings, patches, ramping, and screeding products. Effective flooring surface preparation ensures the highest quality floor finishes. Even the best design and flooring materials will have a poor result if the subfloor is not properly prepared. These easy-to-use solutions combine to accelerate floor preparation, helping you achieve faster, smarter, more secure installations.
Self-leveling underlayment products: Smart benefitsOur free-flowing, self-smoothing underlayments offer plenty of benefits to help you tackle the toughest challenges:
- Easy to use: Excellent flow characteristics make Bostik self-leveling underlayments easy to use and most are pumpable.
- Fast-curing: Many of our underlayments contain a rapid setting formula, which accelerates floor preparation and installation.
- Flexibility: Bostik subfloor products are ideal for a wide range of substrate applications, from concrete and sand/cement screeds to stone, rigid metal and wood.
- Polymer modified binders (PMB): Bostik cementitious products have high polymer content for excellent adhesion, strength and flexibility.
- Gypsum-based compounds: Gypsum-based compounds are ideal for use on calcium sulphate screeds and other low strength subfloors.
- Water-based compounds: Water-mix compounds are designed for all installations, especially where pumping is beneficial.
Floor primer: Smart benefits
Applying the right floor primer can greatly improve adhesion of self-leveling underlayments to subfloors, resulting in a more secure, durable installation.
- Nearly all of the water used in mixing self-levelers is used in the curing process, so primers are also critical to keep that water in the mixture, allowing it to cure properly.
- Without a primer, water can escape from the mixture into the pores of the substrate, causing performance problems due to improper cure.
- Floor primer enables self-leveling underlayments to perform as designed, maximizing flow and providing optimum strength development.
Moisture vapor barrier coatings: Smart benefitsBostik's moisture vapor barrier coating solutions offer many benefits, saving you time and providing flexibility across a wide range of installation projects:
- Faster cure rate: enabling floor covering to be installed earlier in construction projects.
- Moisture mitigation: extremely good resistance to residual moisture vapor, up to 100% relative humidity (RH).
- Versatility: suitable for all kinds of project work, from hospitals and schools to commercial and residential buildings.
- Professional grade: special additives provide excellent adhesion properties and one-coat systems.
Patches, ramping and screeding products: Smart BenefitsFrom trowelable floor leveling to building curbs and ramps, from featheredging to filling holes 5" deep, Bostik’s line of patches and ramping compounds help prep your concrete, wood and masonry substrates prior to leveling and floor installation.
Discover More Building and Construction Solutions
Wall & Floor Installation SystemsDiscover More
Moisture Mitigation & Waterproofing ProductsDiscover More
Hardwood Flooring Installation ProductsDiscover more
Soft Flooring Installation ProductsDiscover more
Mortar & Thin Set ProductsDiscover more
Tile Grout ProductsDiscover more
Construction Sealant ProductsDiscover More
Wall Panel & Façade Installation ProductsDiscover More
Building & Construction Eventsdiscover events
Bostik AcademyLearn More
Discover Bostik Academy
Bostik Academy is a knowledge center carefully created for professionals in the construction market.
At Bostik Academy you will experience a tailored training program that is perfectly matched to your needs.
Our highly skilled Technical Team will present our product portfolio, best application methods, and key industry recommendations. In addition, we are also able to offer tailored dedicated training to you and your team.
Just let us know!