Hardwood Flooring Products
Hardwood flooring adhesives: Smart benefits
Bostik hardwood flooring adhesives are suitable for all installations where wood flooring can be bonded. Whether you’re working with solid or engineered wood, our adhesives offer a range of benefits to reduce risk and improve performance.
- Strength: Engineered for superior adhesion, even on very wide wood planks.
- Flexibility: Adhesive systems provide tough, flexible bonds with a variety of subfloor substrates including; concrete, plywood, and fiber cement sheets.
- Elastomeric: Elastomeric properties allow adhesives to move with the wood as it expands and contracts naturally over the life of the floor.
- SoundGuard™ sound dampening properties: Several of our highest performing adhesives create a noise reduction barrier over the substrate, providing excellent sound reduction performance that typically outperforms ¼" cork underlayment. Eliminating cork saves time and money during the installation process.
- Moisture resistance: Moisture vapor protection prevents the cupping or buckling of hardwood planks, and products that contain our AXIOS™ Tri-Linking™ polymer technology offer a lifetime warranty for unlimited moisture vapor protection.
- Antimicrobial: Most products have antimicrobial properties to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the surface of the cured adhesive.
Hardwood flooring adhesives: Technologies
- AXIOS® Tri-Linking™ polymer technology: Bostik's revolutionary hardwood adhesive technology offers unlimited moisture vapor protection, high bond strength, zero VOC's and ease of cleaning before and after cure.
- Polyurethane technology: Bostik polyurethane adhesives, like Bostik’s BEST®, Vapor-Lock™, and EFA+™ are staples of the industry, offering the quality, strength, and durability you’ve come to expect from the market leader.
- Low VOC adhesive: Bostik places a strong emphasis on formulating adhesives with benefits such as low VOCs, emissions and odor without compromising bond strength or long term durability.
- Thickness Control™ Spacer Technology: Recycled crumb rubber spacers help maintain proper adhesive membrane thickness during the installation process while also providing acoustical control benefits necessary to meet today's building codes.
Discover More Building and Construction Solutions