Did you know Bostik Blu Tack was originally developed in 1969 in the UK as an accidental by-product of an attempt to develop a new sealant using chalk powder, rubber and oil?
It was originally white, but consumer research showed concerns that children may mistake it for chewing gum, and blue colouring was added, giving it its household name.
Blu Tack arrived in Australia not long after, and has been manufactured at our Thomastown plant in Victoria, Australia since 1979. Blu Tack Colour was introduced in 2003, primarily designed for moulding and play, however still holding the same properties of the original reusable adhesive.
Blu Tack has been helping households for over 50 years, thanks to its thousand and one uses. Besides being able to hold posters up, our humble reusable adhesive has more to offer than meets the eye. Check out some of our top Blu Tack Hacks below.
While you are Marie Kondo’ing your house, Blu Tack can help you clean and organise the items that still spark your joy. Some handy tricks include:
- Removing pet hair and fluff from clothing
- Cleaning keyboards and earphones
- Keeping straps in place on coat hangers
- Replacing lost caps on ointments and glues
- Straightening and securing crooked artwork
Once your house is in order, it’s time to celebrate! Here are some of our favourite decorative tips using Blu Tack:
- Hang up bunting or fairy lights
- Balance out uneven table surfaces
- Secure small objects to reduce choking hazards when entertaining small children
Blu Tack to the rescue! Win at life with these ideas:
- Secure cords and desk accessories on surfaces
- Keep doors open with a stopper tack
- MYO Stress Ball
- Erase grey lead pencil with a small ball of Blu Tack
Our favourite thing to do is support the imaginations of kids through creative ideas and activities. Some of our favourite projects include:
- Making Monsters
- Bringing the Bostik mascot, Gary the Gecko, to life
- Building houses and other structures