ABOUT DAMPFIX PLATINUM
- All-in-one waterproofing membrane
- Class 3, high elasticity
- Fast drying - recoat in 1-2 hours @ 22οC & 50% RH. Flood test after 24 hours @ 22°C / 50% RH
- Can be tiled after 4-6 hours @ 22°C / 50% RH in non-critical areas
- Compatible for tiling with Bostik tile adhesive systems
- Excellent adhesion to concrete; rendered masonry; wet area plasterboard; FC sheet & plywood
- Can be applied to damp substrates (provided no free surface water)
- Brush or roller applied
- Designed for commercial and residential application
- As a waterproofing membrane under tile to internal wet area shower, bathroom, kitchen, laundry & toilet areas when installed to AS/NZ 3740
- As a waterproofing membrane under tile or other wearing surface systems to external balconies, rooftops & podium levels when installed to AS/NZ 4654.2
- As an exposed waterproofing membrane to external applications subjected to light pedestrian traffic only
- Suitable for concrete; cement rendered masonry; FC sheeting; water resistant plasterboard; and structural plywood (Type A Stamped “PAA JAS-ANZ” to AS/NZS 2269-2004) substrates
- As a waterproofing membrane for planter boxes, retaining walls
- As a waterproofing membrane for swimming pools, covered by tiles
DAMPFIX PLATINUM FAQ
Is there an alternative product in the market?
This is a brand new product in the waterproofing market that caters for most waterproofing application areas, from internal wet areas to planter boxes to roofs and more. It eliminates the need to buy 5 products for one job. There is no direct equivalent product in Australia
Can it withstand positive and negative hydrostatic pressure?
Dampfix Platinum is not designed to withstand a negative head of pressure. Depending on the application, we recommend using Ultra Moisture Seal as a primer first, or using our alternative waterproofing product, Dampfix 1K.