EASY, QUICK AND DURABLE
- Easier and quicker to install and replace
When it comes to carpeting, tiles are designed to go down quickly and set easily. They are easier to carry than carpet rolls and it doesn’t take a lot of skill to ensure they are even and smoothly laid.
Carpet tiles are meant to be extremely durable and can be used in areas with high traffic, as they are designed to last for business use.
- Available in various looks and can cater to different kinds of aesthetics
From an interior designer’s point of view, carpet tiles can be used to create interesting designs as well as different customisations. This may not be possible to do with carpets.
- Easy to maintain and replace
While maintaining a standard carpet is a lot of work, carpet tiles are a bit easier to handle. Regular sweeping and vacuuming to remove the debris is usually enough. In case of stains or damage, it is possible to remove the affected tiles and change it, without removing the entire flooring and replacing.
BEFORE LAYING DOWN CARPET TILES WITH ADHESIVESWhether you are an architect, a contractor or a building professional, we have all the information, tips and and products to ensure that your carpet tiles end up looking just the way you want them to be. In case you need further advice or product recommendations, do contact your nearest Bostik dealer.
What to consider before laying carpet tiles with adhesives
- Do not overstretch the products. Carpet tile adhesives are usually applied with rollers or sprays in some cases. It is also important to not use too much product or the wait time will be longer. In case of excessive absorption coming from the subfloor, you may need a second coat to achieve the correct tackifier effect.
- Different tiles come in different sizes. Ensure that you pick the one that fits best with your layout and design plans.
- Select the carpet tiles best suited to your needs. For example, for areas in offices or commercial buildings, you need to pick tiles that are meant for high traffic or heavy use.
- Use adhesives that are best suited to the substrate and type of carpet tile backing - some adhesives may not be compatible with metal components in substrate.
- Ensure that the subfloor is properly prepared before application . It should be level, permanently dry and free from dust and grease.
- Strictly adhere to the waiting and working times advised for the tackifiers you use.
CARPET TILES INSTALLATION FOR OFFICE AREASYou need a tackifier that is suitable for bonding flat carpet tiles backed with PVC, polypropylene as well as bitumen with fibre backing which adheres to raised access floor panels as well as various common subfloor surfaces.
FIX A320 TACK is a solvent free, non-staining adhesive that gives a permanently tacky film when dry and facilitates the easy removal and replacement of carpet tiles.
TACKIFIER ADHESIVE FOR ALL TYPES OF REMOVABLE SOFT TILESYou need a water based tackifier that is environment friendly and can be used for absorbent as well as dense surfaces.
FIX A570 MULTI TACK is a high-performance tackifier adhesive for application of all types of removable carpet tiles, making it Ideal for offices, shops and new or renovated homes.
ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE TACKIFIER ADHESIVE FOR SOFT TILES, CARPET AND VINYL SHEETSYou need a strong performing adhesive that is compatible with all kinds of removable carpet tiles with fleece or non-woven backing, bitumen, vinyl or PU backing. At the same time it should be usable for all absorbent and non- absorbent subfloors including metals
FIX A760 TECH is a heavy duty tackifier that can be used with removable carpet and vinyl tiles, loose-lay LVT, and more, especially if the tiles may be removed and recycled in the future.
GET YOUR FREE TRAINING!
Bostik ACADEMY is a knowledge center carefully created for professionals in the construction market.
At Bostik ACADEMY you will experience a tailored training program that is perfectly matched to your needs.
Our highly skilled Technical Team will present our product portfolio, best application methodes, and key industry recommendations. In addition, we are also able to offer tailored dedicated trainings to you and your team.
Discover our latest innovations
FLOORING SYSTEMS by market segmentsdiscover more
STIX A600 EVOLUTIONDiscover More
Recycled PackagingDiscover more
One Flooring Range: One Global SolutionDiscover More
Bostik Flooring SolutionsDiscover More
Green BuildingDiscover More
BOSTIK ROLLDiscover More
Bostik Flex IQ®Discover More
LVT SystemsDiscover More
Bostik Project SpotlightsDiscover More
HYTEC SolutionsDiscover More
Wet Room SystemsDiscover more
Passive Fire ProtectionDiscover More
Seal & BlockDiscover More
Discover our current topics