Energy efficiency matters
Improving thermal efficiency allows not only for a more comfortable environment, but also to reduce the energy necessary to keep a building warm.
Windows are one of the most significant areas of a building where warmth is lost. An average house can lose up to 30% of its heat through poorly insulated windows.
Leading-edge hot melt sealant technology
With over 35 years of experience in the manufacture of insulating glass sealants, Bostik has grown to become a market leader with:
- Unparalleled product performance and processability
- Comprehensive product line including primary and secondary sealants
- Dedicated R&D team and expert technical support focused on product innovation
- Commitment to helping customers with continuous improvement to optimize product performance
Smart sealants for insulating glass units
How sealants contribute to the overall performance of insulating glass units:
- Thermal efficiency: the gas retention and warm edge effect of the sealants determine energy ratings
- Barrier properties: sealants keep moisture out to prolong the service lifespan of insulating glass units
- Processability: choose the right technology, as some require mixing, purging and curing times
- Safety: avoid harmful substances for a safer home and workplace