The Complex Task of Choosing the Right Adhesives for Your Products
Many factors are considered when designing absorbent hygiene products: your targeted market segment … the cost tier … even whether it is for consumer or institutional use. At the same time, you narrow in on specific details such as core type and ratios, your choice of materials, and how you are going to bond them together. Understanding what is possible—and how—cannot be an afterthought.
Before you finalise your design, talk to adhesive experts like Bostik. Creating a successful product relies on knowing your options and choosing the right adhesive solutions. For each adhesive application, it starts with identifying your goals for the product, including but not limited to product performance. Consider:
- The adhesive’s role in your product:
- What are you looking to improve about your product and processes in order to be successful? (We call these the 4 elements of success):
- Operational efficiency
- Consumer confidence
- Improved profitability
- Social responsibility
Having an understanding of not only your performance requirements but also how you measure success will help us recommend the adhesive with the attributes that best align with your needs.
Succeed with the right adhesive attributes
At Bostik, we have identified more than 40 unique attributes across our range of products for all five main applications that can help you meet your goals for your absorbent hygiene articles. For example:
- A wide application temperature window enables the use of a broader range of substrates, and increases the tolerance to temperature variability
- Renewable raw materials contribute to a reduced carbon footprint from the use of adhesive
- Simplified clean-up minimises labour costs
- No adhesive residue means the pad removes cleanly from the underwear, giving consumers a more satisfying experience
With your particular list of adhesive attributes in mind, our experts can help you select the Bostik adhesive that best meets your product and business goals.
Request a meeting today!
Discover More about Bostik's Adhesive Applications