With a deep understanding of appliance market consumer trends for aesthetics, energy efficiency and connectivity, we’ve developed appliance assembly adhesives that allow for:
- Design flexibility
- Insulation and thermal efficiency
- Electronics protection
Rest assured that our hot melt, foam-in-place and polyurethane adhesives will allow your appliances to appeal to consumers while also addressing to your own manufacturing initiatives, enabling:
- Productivity gains: Our adhesives are formulated for automated production lines.
- Product savings: You can apply less material and yield zero waste.
- Sustainability enhancements: Our adhesives enable lower application temperatures and clean, empty drums for easy recycling.
Bostik and Arkema have developed together a unique package for the appliance industry to provide production efficiency and product improvement, and to reduce products’ environmental footprint. Our products are used for broad applications such as cabinet seam sealing, gasketing, parts assembly, control panels bonding and coil bonding.
Refrigerators’ Cabinet Seam Sealing
Cabinet seam sealing prevents insulation leaks, which could occur during the foaming process. By applying the suitable hotmelt adhesive like Thermogrip H4318, Thermogrip H5068A or TEF 50 MD in the bends and in the corners of the cabinet, a perfect and lasting gasket is shaped.
Refrigerators’ Cooling Coil Bonding
To answer new energy savings classifications, refrigerators and freezers must achieve high efficiency. The bond between the cooling coil and the cabinet is a critical element to achieve those requirements. Our butyl adhesives such as conductive butyl B1160 and Kontakmassa are applied directly to the coil to insure a perfect thermal conductivity.
LEARN THE ADVANTAGES OF SMART THERMAL CONDUCTIVE BUTYL ADHESIVES OVER THERMAL MASTICS FOR COOLING COIL BONDING.
Bostik’s expertise spans several adhesive and sealant technologies to meet challenges of home appliance manufacturers:
- Thermally conductive butyl for coil bonding, bringing superior heat conductivity, excellent production versatility and waste reduction
- Foam-in-place hot melt for seam sealing and gasketing, allowing lightweight material, fast operations and clean process
- Hotmelt Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (HMPSA) for various bonding with low odor and high initial tack
- Silyl-modified polymers (SMP) for various bonding, with no isocyanate, process adjustability and adhesion to many substrates
- Butyl putties for various sealing, with permanent plasticity and tackiness and excellent aging and cold temperature resistance