From solid wooden floor adhesive to engineered wood adhesive, Bostik technologies are designed to improve wear characteristics, acoustic properties and comfort.
And as wood becomes ever more popular, we continue to innovate cutting-edge technologies like AXIOS™ Tri-Linking™ polymer technology to enhance your flooring projects.
Wood floor adhesive: smart benefits
Bostik hardwood floor adhesive is suitable for all installations where wood flooring can be bonded.
Whether you’re working with solid, semi-solid, or engineered wood, our adhesives offer a range of benefits to reduce risk and improve performance.
- Engineering: mechanical features are engineered for a high level of bonding even on very wide wood planks, up to 200 mm or 7.8 inches
- Flexibility: our adhesive systems provide tough, flexible bonds with a variety of subfloor substrates including concrete, plywood, and fiber cement sheets
- Elastomeric: elastomeric properties allow our adhesives to move with the wood as it expands and contracts over the life of the floor
- Sound dampening properties: our adhesives create a noise reduction barrier over the substrate, providing excellent sound reduction performance
- Moisture resistance: moisture vapor protection prevents the cupping or buckling of hardwood planks
- Anti-microbial: anti-microbial properties in our adhesives prevent the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria that can accumulate between the wood and subfloor
Wood floor adhesive: technologies
- Polyurethane based adhesive: We are constantly evolving our polyurethane range of hardwood flooring adhesives, improving moisture protection and sound dampening performance
- Water based adhesive: Our water-based adhesives are perfect for installation with heated subfloors – find out more about our water-based technologies
- SMP based: Our silane modified polymer technologies are highly flexible one-component systems, ideal for elastic construction joints - find out more about SMP
- AXIOS™ Tri-Linking™ polymer technology: Our revolutionary hardwood adhesive technology, offering unlimited moisture vapor protection and high bond strength - discover AXIOS™
- Solvent based adhesive
- Low VOC adhesive: Bostik products prioritize low VOC, low emissions and low odor formulations without compromising bond strength