According to emagazine.com, a company’s worth is based on their social and environmental impact just as much as it is on their finances and products. At Bostik, we place a priority on these areas and with this in mind, we seek to create shared value for you, our stakeholders, through our corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
These initiatives rest upon our parent company, Arkema’s three main commitments of sustainable development. Cultivating an open dialogue with both internal and external stakeholders is one of those commitments. We do this through constructive communication and a strong relationship with employees, customers, suppliers, and partners. We see the importance of all of us being part of the same conversation.
Building a strong rapport with our external stakeholders
As we strive to build a responsible value chain that brings benefits to all invested parties, we keep your needs as an external stakeholder at the forefront. Our efforts to cultivate an open dialogue are centred around communications with customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate.
We demonstrate this in various ways:
- Collaborations in social causes such as period poverty
- Compliance with the international Together for Sustainability (TfS) initiative
- The Common Ground® initiative to develop trust with neighbouring communities
- Adherence to policies regarding “conflict materials”
- Both strategic and direct contributions to UN Sustainable Development Goals such as responsible consumption and production, decent work and economic growth, and gender equality
Creating an internal culture of safety, equality, and human rights
We also take great strides to ensure that our internal team members feel protected and empowered. We do this in a variety of ways including:
- Creating Smart Zones at our plants for employee input on safety
- Giving our employees a voice in social betterment initiatives
- Placing an emphasis on human rights, fundamental freedoms, and promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion
We look to connect with our stakeholders by starting the relevant conversation of corporate social responsibility and keeping open the lines of communication. Through this, we hope to build lasting relationships that are based on mutual values, respect, and trust.
If you are interested in learning more about our corporate social responsibility efforts, see our Corporate Social Responsbility Training.
Learn more about sustainability and CSR
Through our ‘Responsibly for Hygiene’ programme of webinars, podcasts, content, and product launches, we aim to help producers at all levels stay in the know, expand CSR and sustainability knowledge, and make decisions supported by a holistic approach to the topic.