Successful businesses are indeed successful because they realize the value in continuous improvement. Over the last 70 years, the disposable hygiene industry has undergone many significant improvements …
- Tissue cores have progressed to fluff and superabsorbent polymers cores to wick away wetness faster.
- Tape tabs were the norm until the introduction of refastenable tabs, which allow for comfort adjustments again and again.
- Bulky, rectangular designs have given way to a contoured, hourglass fit that is more discreet.
These and other product changes were not simply made for the sake of change. Each adjustment was made to add value to the product. Every change was meant to improve the manufacturers’ services and processes. This commitment to continuous improvement has led to smarter operations overall. The most successful businesses will tell you that supporting them in continuous improvement were strategic partners also committed to continuous improvement.
Our continuous improvement drives your continuous improvement
At Bostik, we’ve created a culture of operational excellence that works, thinks and dreams continuous improvement.
We have a never-ending focus on continuously improving customer service. As a result, our long-term customers have reaped the benefits. We have consistently improved their products, performance and profitability along with ours. Some changes have quick results. Others move the customer closer to a long-term goal. Either way, progress is being made.
Significant and on-going improvements we’ve made, such as joining the Arkema group in 2015, position Bostik to help you improve product quality and positively impact operational efficiencies through:
- Engagement of all employees to launch a continuous improvement initiative that delivers customer value
- Digitisation for reduced variation in products and processes, preventative quality alerts and greater efficiency
- Globally harmonized plants that ensure you receive the same high-quality products and the best nonwoven adhesive solutions wherever your manufacturing is done
- Combining our own “roadmap” for continuous improvement with proven continuous improvement processes such as lean manufacturing
- Expert teams that understand your challenges and the results you want, in addition to thoroughly testing our products for the reliable performance your consumers expect
- Investing in R&D and our global Centers of Excellence to generate an impressive list of industry firsts and patents to improve your products and ours
This is just a sample of the many pioneering products and disposable hygiene adhesive solutions that have emerged from our culture of continuous improvement. Embracing and implementing a continuous improvement culture of your own—and aligning with successful business partners who do the same—can help you survive and thrive in today’s fast-changing disposable hygiene marketplace.
Discover More about Smarter Operations