Smart phones, smart homes, and even self-driving smart cars are changing the way we live. Advancements in technology are also changing the way we work and serve consumers. Businesses, including those in the disposable hygiene industry, are finding many ways to harness the power of digitisation to optimise production, streamline research and development, improve communications, and more.
At its simplest, digitisation means finding apps, using computer processes, and introducing artificial intelligence to simplify and satisfy business and consumer needs. Digitisation can transform businesses and services by replacing manual processes with digital ones or upgrading older digital processes with newer, more efficient options. Common benefits centre around quality, safety, efficiency, and the overall consumer experience. For example:
- Supporting and enhancing traditional business methods
- Boosting efficiency via automation of tasks to reduce downtime
- Positively impacting safety for plants, workers, and the surrounding communities where operations are taking place
- Improving product quality while optimising production costs
- Enabling new types of innovation and creativity
Organisations are embracing digital technology in order to bring value to their own business as well as to their customers and consumers. Although many programs and platforms are being marketed each year, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Deliberate care is needed in choosing, testing, and converting to new digital systems and technologies.
As a global corporation with locations around the world, Bostik is exploring and testing options to determine best solutions. In each case, we are adopting those that make sense for the location, our business, your business, and your consumers.
Learn more about digitisation when you read:
- Harnessing the Power of Digitisation for Better Operations
- Harnessing the Power of Digitisation to Enhance R&D
- Digitised Communication in Today’s Disposable Hygiene Industry
Discover More about Smarter Operations